Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A., in order to select professional figures to be included in its staff, offers you the possibility to submit spontaneous applications on its site.
To this end, Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A. requires the candidate to provide all data necessary to verify the suitability to hold a position within the Company.
In this regard, in full compliance with the rules on the protection of personal data (Legislative Decree 196/03 and EU Regulation, No. 2016/679), Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A, invites you to read the following information, which was designed and written with simple and concise language to help you understand clearly how we treat your personal data:
1. Data processing methods
The personal data you provide will be processed by Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A. on paper, computer or telematic support.
Regarding the data received, Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A will take care of the following:
- the exact registration, so that they correspond to what you have declared;
- an update for any variation you communicate;
- the conservation in a form that allows your identification for a period of time no longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
2. Processing purposes
The data we ask to provide by inserting the curriculum vitae in the section "work with us" is collected in order to verify if the professional figure of the candidate is in line with the needs of the company and, therefore, to select personnel to be included in our staff.
Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A reserves the right to remove the data received from its archives if they, upon verification, turn out to be inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
3. Sensitive data
Given the possibility that the information provided to Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A., relevant to the specified purposes, may contain sensitive data (i.e. data revealing racial and ethnic nature, religious, philosophical or other beliefs, political opinions, membership of parties, trade unions, associations of a religious, philosophical, political or trade union nature, as well as data suitable to reveal the state of health and sexual life), such data may be processed by Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A. only with your explicit consent. Therefore, Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A asks you for an explicit consent for the processing of such data, which, in the absence of conferment, will not allow the candidate to insert his/her own spontaneous application on the site. Your consent is freely revocable, at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing before the revocation, by sending an email to the address at the bottom of this statement.
4. Circulation of data
For the pursuit of the purposes described in paragraph 2 above, the personal data provided may circulate in the following areas:
A. Field attributable to Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A. - Your data may be used by Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A personnel who have been assigned a specific role as manager or processor and who have been given adequate instructions and are committed to confidentiality.
Your personal data will be made accessible only to those who, within the company, need it due to their job or hierarchical position. These individuals will be appropriately trained in order to avoid losses, destruction, unauthorized access or unauthorized processing of the data.
Furthermore, the data may be used by third-party companies that carry out instrumental activities on behalf of the Company such as:
- External consultants for the recruitment, selection and evaluation of personnel, for the management of litigation and legal assistance, studies and companies in the field of assistance and consultancy relationships, based on the aforementioned relationships;
- Service companies (including IT) which are entrusted with specific management regarding contractual obligations (pay, meal vouchers, management of IT systems, individuals that carry out data entry activities, etc.);
- Company to which the Owner belongs, for administrative-accounting purposes. These companies act as external managers of the treatment (see also point 9) and under the direction and monitoring of Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A.
B. Field not attributable to Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A. - Your personal data may also be transmitted to other data controllers, based on your specific consent, which will process your data as indicated in their privacy information, which we invite you to review carefully.
5. Dissemination of data
Your personal data will never be published, exposed or made available to indeterminate individuals.
6. Data retention
The personal data that you have provided to us will be kept for the period necessary to make the assessments regarding the needs of staff recruitment and, in any case, for no longer than 1 year from the date of receipt.
7. Extra-EU data transfer
Pursuant to Art. 43 of Legislative Decree 196/03 and of Art. 44 of the GDPR, in order to facilitate the selection of personnel to be included in its staff, Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A. may transfer your personal data to group companies located in countries that do not belong to the European Union or to the European Economic Area.
In this circumstance, Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A. will adopt contractual guarantees (such as the signing of standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission) signed with the foreign company receiving the data; these clauses ensure a level of data protection corresponding to that established by European legislation.
8. Rights of the interested party
In relation to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to ask Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A. for:
- Access: you can ask for confirmation whether or not data about you are being processed, as well as more clarifications about the information referred to in this statement;
- Correction: you can ask to rectify or supplement the data you have provided, if inaccurate
- Cancellation: you can request your data to be deleted, if they are no longer necessary for our purposes, in the case of revocation of consent or your opposition to the treatment, in the case of unlawful processing, in the case of a legal obligation to delete data or in the case data belong to persons under sixteen.
- Limitation: you can request your data to be processed only for the purpose of conservation, with exclusions of other treatments, for the period necessary for rectification of your data, in case of unlawful processing for which you oppose the cancellation, if you have to exercise your rights in court and the data stored by us may be useful to you, and finally, in the event of opposition to the processing while there is a review of the prevalence of our legitimate reasons with respect to yours.
- Opposition: you can oppose at any time the processing of your data, unless there are legitimate reasons for proceeding to the treatment that prevail over yours, for example for the exercise or our defence in court.
- Portability: you can ask to receive your data, or send them to another owner indicated by you, in a structured format, commonly used and readable by automatic device.
In addition, we inform you that you have the right to lodge a complaint against the Supervisory Authority, which, in Italy, is the Guarantor for the Protection of Personal Data.
At any time, the interested party may request to exercise the previous rights to Mediterranea di Navigazione S.p.A. by writing to the email address: